ABS-CBN may have been denied its broadcast franchise in July 2020, but that only pushed the company to accelerate and strengthen its digital shift in the months that followed.
While the network was already offering its content on online platforms years before the franchise denial, the events of 2020 have caused it to shift its focus to digital.
Proof that ABS-CBN has managed to succeed is how ABS-CBN Entertainment’s YouTube account, where most of its shows are uploaded, was named Southeast Asia’s leading channel at the start of Last year.
Currently, she has 37.6 million subscribers, which is 4.9 million more than the figure recorded in February 2021.
To wrap up 2021, ABS-CBN released their top 10 most watched videos uploaded to the ABS-CBN Entertainment YouTube channel.
10. An episode “Maalaala Mo Kaya” titled “Korona” where Liza Soberano played Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach
9. An “ASAP” production number featuring Maymay Entrata with “He’s Into Her” stars Belle Mariano, Kaori Oinuma and Criza Ta-a
8. Another “ASAP” production number featuring real-life couple Maris Racal and Rico Blanco in their first on-air duet
7. A clip from the Madlang Pi-Poll segment of “It’s Showtime” which featured Filipino hip-hop group Ex-Battalion
6. ABS-CBN’s 2021 Summer Special ID Performed by KZ Tandingan and P-pop Group BGYO
5. ABS-CBN’s traditional full-length Christmas station id
4. Another episode of “Maalaala Mo Kaya” titled “Blouse” which was titled by Ria Atayde, Jake Cuenca and Malou de Guzman
3. A recap of the first episodes of the current hit series “Viral Scandal” with Charlie Dizon and Joshua Garcia
2. An unforgettable episode of “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano” when Yassi Pressman’s character was killed in a crossfire
1. ABS-CBN Christmas ID’s lyric video titled “Andito Tayo Para Sa Isa’t Isa”