Are subscribers so important? What happens if you have the most subscribers on your channel? Today I will try to answer these questions and also give top 10 Kenyan musicians with most YouTube subscribers.
First of all, subscribers are critical to your success on YouTube because they tend to spend more time watching your channel than viewers who aren’t subscribed.
Over time, YouTube has proven to be one of the most difficult platforms to grow your numbers, but a number of musicians have managed to become the crème de la crème of the Kenyan YouTube scene.
In this generation, YouTube numbers are something to be proud of because people with huge numbers are used to influence and advertise products of companies.
Advertisers who want their products and services to reach as many people as possible will always approach people with high followings and that will translate into money.
People with good numbers also make a lot of money from the YouTube platform through ads placed on their videos.
In January 2022, singer Otile Brown made history by becoming the first Kenyan artist to surpass the one million subscriber mark on YouTube.
Here is a list of 10 Kenyan artists with most YouTube subscribers.
- Otile Brown – 1.15 million subscribers (285,278,777 views).
- Bahati – 993,000 subscribers (172,099,932 views).
- Willy Paul – 935,000 subscribers (179,492,716 views).
- Sauti Sol – 903,000 subscribers (239,689,083 views).
- Diana B – 711,000 subscribers (101,509,899 views).
- Khaligraph Jones – 618,000 subscribers (74,762,280 views)
- Nyashinski – 505,000 subscribers (98,613,723 views).
- Nadia Mukami – 418K subscribers (58,365,005 views),
- King Kaka – 375,000 subscribers (38,847,184 views).
- Guardian Angel – 305,000 subscribers (58,366,219 views).
Others are; Mr Seed (260K), Tanasha Donna (294K), Femi One (235K), Octopizzo (218K) and Size 8 (243K),
In sub-Saharan Africa, singer Diamond Platnumz leads the pack with over six million subscribers and has garnered over 1.8 billion views so far, after joining the streaming platform on June 12, 2011.